The holiday season is just around the corner! If you've never experience it, there's so much to see and do in Taos - stay tuned for more details in the coming days!
The snow is falling, and yet the skies are blue, - what's not to love? Thinking about skiing? Taos Ski Valley opens on November 23rd, Red River opens on weekends starting November 21st! Listed as one of the 25 best places to visit on VacationIdea.com in January 2017, be sure and check out 25 Best Places to Visit in New Mexico. Last winter, Taos was chosen as the "top ski town" in the country by USA Today readers. The honor was part of USA Today's "10 Best Reader's Choice" contest. The town of Taos is is apparently a good home base for skiers! Mariposa hopes that you enjoy your time in this special place - so much to see and do any time of the year.
Holidays in Taos means SPECIAL MEMORIES! What a wonderful time to come and visit the unique 10 miles of Taos County surrounded by the rest of reality . . . far away from the everyday!
- Ongoing Events in and around Town
- Taos is known for its quality art galleries. Whether its paintings, sculpture or pottery, you'll be sure to find excellent quality southwestern art.
- Shopping, shopping, shopping! Check out Taos Plaza for its beautiful wonderful shops! Be sure to stroll over to Bent Street and the John Dunn Shops as well.
- A visit to the Taos Pueblo - a national and state treasure, always a must especially for first time visitors.
- Taos Aglow Celebrations Learn More Here
- Lighting of Ledoux Street
- Bonfires on Bent Street Learn More Here
- Santa Paws Learn More Here
- Christmas Eve Bonfires and Procession and Christmas Day Deer Dance on Taos Pueblo www.taospueblo.com
- Family New Year's Eve on Taos Plaza
Town of Taos New Year’s Eve Celebration
Celebrate New Year’s Eve on Taos Plaza from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Mayor Dan Barrone and his family will be serving a pig roast dinner free to the community and visitors starting at 7:00 PM. Countdown to the New Year with the Balloon Release at 9:00 PM. Times Square Countdown at 10:00 PM, followed by Fireworks by Taos Volunteer Fire Department. Musical performances by Michael Hearne, Out of Nowhere, and The Damn Band from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM. It is a fun, family-friendly celebration!
Parking and vehicular traffic to the Plaza will be closed from 5:00 AM to 12:00 AM on December 31, 2018; however, the Taos Plaza Merchants will be open to foot traffic.
New Year’s Eve Celebration FREE event parking will be available at Loretto Parking Lot, Town Hall, and Taos Public Library. AFTER 5:00 PM, all metered parking lots will be free. For handicapped parking and for people requiring ADA access to the event, there will be extra parking at Guadalupe Parking Lot and the area next to the McCarthy Parking Lot directly behind the old County Courthouse.
- Traditional Dances on January 1st, at the Taos Pueblo, the pueblo opens to visitors at 8 am.
- Buffalo Dances on January 6th, at the Taos Pueblo, will start 10 am (approximately). www.taospueblo.com
And so much more to come over the holidays, stay tuned! Visit Taos.org for even more things to do and enjoy.