Springtime in Taos - So Much to Do!
The weather is mild, the skies are blue - what's not to love? Time for an early Spring hike, check out this article from The Taos News. www.taosnews.com/stories/spring-hiking-in-taos-miners-trail,26348 Listed as one of the 25 best places to visit on VacationIdea.com in January 2017, be sure and check out 25 Best Places to Visit in New Mexico. Last winter, Taos was chosen as the "top ski town" in the country by USA Today readers. The honor was part of USA Today's "10 Best Reader's Choice" contest. The town of Taos is is apparently a good home base for skiers! Mariposa hopes that you enjoy your time in this special place - so much to see and do any time of the year.
Springtime in Taos - Wow, so many ways to enjoy the season! What a wonderful time to come and visit the unique 10 miles of Taos County surrounded by the rest of reality . . . far away from the everyday!
- Ongoing Events in and around Town
- Check out Taos Plaza for its beautiful wonderful shops! Be sure to stroll over to Bent Street and the John Dunn Shops as well.
- - Taos is known for its quality art galleries. Whether its paintings, sculpture or pottery, you'll be sure to find excellent quality southwestern art.
- - Taos Country Club - open for golfers, and a great place to eat lunch and look at the greens!
- Starting on Saturday, May 12th, its the opening Saturday for Taos Farmers Market in the Taos Plaza www.taosfarmersmarket.org
- Senior Wellness Fair, Saturday, May 12th from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at the Taos Retirement Village. Local area professionals staff booths, and complimentary blood pressure tests.
- Mother's Day Music Festival, free event with wristband, May 11th - 13th at Kit Carson Park. Brought to you by LMNOC Broadcasting. www.taos.org (events/festivals) or for additional information: facebook.com/991kxmt
- Taos Lilac Festival, May 18 - 20, from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., held at Kit Carson Park in the heart of Taos. In addition to lilacs galore, this festival features food & craft vendors, live entertainment, a children's carousel, and even a pet parade. For more information, www.taoslilacfestival.com
Dennis Hopper Days, Saturday, May 19th.
Find out more at: http://ktaos.com/SolarCenter/events
And, starting Thursday May 31st, its Taos Plaza Live! This year Mariposa is one of the proud sponsors for this weekly, free music event - check back soon for a full concert schedule!
And so much more! Visit Taos.org for even more things to do and enjoy.