Winter in Taos - So Much to Do!
Our Taos community has been featured in several venues in the media recently. Most recently, U.S. News & World Report listed Taos, New Mexico as #3 for the "Best Christmas Vacation" - Wow! Listed as one of the 25 best places to visit on VacationIdea.com in January 2017, be sure and check out 25 Best Places to Visit in New Mexico. Last winter, Taos was chosen as the "top ski town" in the country by USA Today readers. The honor was part of USA Today's "10 Best Reader's Choice" contest. The town of Taos is is apparently a good home base for skiers! Mariposa hopes that you enjoy your vacation time in this special place - so much to see and do any time of the year.
Winter Season in Taos - Wow, so many ways to enjoy the season! What a wonderful time to come and visit the unique 10 miles of Taos County surrounded by the rest of reality . . . far away from the everyday!
- Ongoing Events in and around Town
- Check out Taos Plaza for its beautiful wonderful shops! Be sure to stroll over to Bent Street and the John Dunn Shops as well.
- Taos is known for its quality art galleries. Whether its paintings, sculpture or pottery, you'll be sure to find excellent quality southwestern art.
- Taos Chamber Music Group presents "Storm & Stillness" on Saturday and Sunday, February 17th and 18th. For more information, go to TaosChamberMusicGroup.org.
- Taos County Chamber of Commerce and UNM Taos presents the 2018 Candidate Form for Mayor and Town Council on Thursday, February 1st from 5:30 - 7:30 at Bataan Hall, 121 Civic Plaza Dr.
- Taos Clay Fifth Annual Pint Night hosted by The Burger Stand @ Taos Ale House, on Wednesday, February 7th from 7-10 pm. Purchase $20 ceramic pint and get a free beer! For more information,http://www.taosclay.com
- Valentine Craft Making, Friday February 9th, from 1 - 4 at the Taos Youth & Family Center. This event is FREE for children of all ages. Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult. Materials and examples will be provided, just bring your imagination. Come have some creative fun with other children. Brought to you by the Town of Taos Community Events, Taos Youth & Family Center and sponsored in part by Smith’s Food & Drug Stores.
And so much more! Visit Taos.org for even more things to do and enjoy.